It’s the Christmas party season again! How can we avoid putting on extra while having a great time? The following are some holiday eating tips to help you do just that so that you can still look good and be healthy in January.
- Don’t go to a party hungry. We often eat faster and more when we are hungry- therefore eat a wholesome breakfast and lunch on the day to avoid overeating atthe party.
- Watch your portion. Treat yourself a nice drink, dessert, chocolate or sweets without guilt, but always watch your portion. Go for small portions. This way you can sample all the different foods. Moderation is always the key.
- Make a conscious choice to limit high fat items. High fat items can be found in fried food, cream-based soup, cheese-filled casseroles, pies, processed meats such as salami and sausages, some pastries and baked goods.
- Try other versions of alcohol. Instead of beer, cider, creamy liqueurs try dry wine or spirits with diet mixer, which have fewer calories.
- Drink plenty of water. Alcohol and coffee can dehydrate your body.
- Physical Activity. Take nice brisk walks with your loved ones and enjoy their company in the holiday season.